A "cookie" is a small piece of data stored on your device when you visit a website or app. Cookies mostly help us learn which areas of the website
are useful and which areas need improvement.
and complements this Policy.
- According to the entity that controls the device or domain through which the cookies are sent:
- First-party cookies: those sent to the user's computer, terminal or device from a computer, device or
domain controlled by the editor (us) and from which the services are provided.
- Third-party cookies: those sent to the user's computer, terminal or device from a computer, device or
domain that is not managed by the editor (us), but by a third party.
- According to the lifespan of the cookie:
- Session cookies: those designed to collect and store information while the user visits and uses
a website or app.
- Persistent cookies: those in which the information is still stored and may be accessed and processed for a
period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can vary from a few minutes to several years.
- According to the purpose of the cookie:
- Essential Cookies: Essential cookies enable you to navigate the website or app, and to
use its services and features. Without these necessary cookies, the website or app will not perform as smoothly for you as we would
like it to, and we may not be able to provide the website or app, or certain of its services or features.
- Customization/preference cookies: Preference cookies collect information about your choices
and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the website or app accordingly.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are set to display targeted promotions or
advertisements based upon your interests on the website or app, or to manage our advertising. These cookies collect information about
your activities on the website, app and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising.
- Social Media cookies: Social media cookies collect information about social media usage.
- Analytics Cookies: Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the website or app,
and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the website,
help us record any difficulties you have with the website or app, and help us assess the effectiveness of our services. This allows us to see
the overall patterns of usage on the website or app, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information to analyze website traffic,
but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
- Number of visits
- Last visit
- First visit
- External IP address
- Internal IP address
- Screen resolution
- Geolocation (latitude/longitude based on IP address)
- Device performance benchmark
- Device bandwidth benchmark
- Device user-agent (browser type, version)
- Device capabilities (Modernizer string for browser capabilities)
- Device operating system
- Device plugins installed
- Browser language
- Flash enabled or disabled
- Device time on file
- Keywords used if coming from search engine
- Pages visited
- Length of visit
- Referral page
- Mouse cursor position
- Mouse clicks
- Page scroll position
Copyright � 2019 Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited