- Meeting web standards
- Design guidelines
- Downloadable documents
- Help with changing your settings
Meeting web standards
Cigna Insurance Services believes the Internet should be easy to use for everyone, including those with disabilities. With this in mind, we have adopted a policy of accessibility and have designed this website to meet current web standards.
All future development work carried out on this website will adhere to current Web Standards, as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We are doing this to ensure our sites are compliant and can be displayed by W3C standards compliant browsers.
The website has been designed with these accessibility guidelines in mind:
- We make sure that navigation throughout the site works in a consistent way.
- We use a standard web font to make it easy for all to read. In most cases, the size of the font can be adjusted according to the users’ needs, using standard browser and operating system options.
- All the images are given ‘alt text’ alternatives except those which are only decorative; the tags for these are left blank.
- We never use colour as the only way to convey information.
Cigna has developed its own accessibility guidelines, which take into account standards and accessibility best practice from a number of sources.
While the pages can still be accessed in older browsers, to see them laid-out correctly will require a W3C standards compliant browser. If you would like to upgrade your browser we recommend the latest free versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer. Mac OS X users may also consider Safari.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. To download or upgrade this program for free, visit the Adobe website. To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
Help with changing your settings
Your browser already includes a number of ways to change the way our web pages are displayed. Please refer to your brower's help or information for details.